Wednesday, June 20, 2007

TED is my God

I do not have TV reception so when I experience that undeniable human need for an alpha-wave fix at the end of a long day, I turn to my computer and TED Talks: Inspired Talks by the World's Greatest Thinkers and Doers. Once available only to the first 1000 people willing (and able) to spend $6000 to attend the annual T.E.D. (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference in Monterey, TED Talks are now online and available to the world.

These 5 to 25 minute videos are where I first learned about Jeff Han's multi-touch interface (goodbye mouse and keyboard!) and the new software, Photosynth, that automatically combines photos on Flickr into a composite, 3-D image that can be navigated and zoomed. It is also where I heard Sir Ken Roberts discuss whether schools killed creativity.

TED is one of the other reasons I want to blog; so I can point my teachers to really COOL STUFF, in very digestible little packages. We'll see if anyone bites!

No comments:

 
RSS